Monday, January 4, 2016

Plans Are What Happen In Between Distractions

I'm trying hard to steer back to work in Common Lisp, but with the writings about the Bible/Torah, and parasites, and health, along with the Android Development on normal apps, it's taking some time.

Here are some plans I have to write about.  The articles will come along with code on Github.  I'll be adding detail as time allows, in hopes that putting my eyeballs here and on my Lisp environment will allow me to rip through problems in that special way only Lisp makes possible.  To me.  You go ahead with your php and java, yo.

Articles, topics, and tools:
  1. Lisp editor with some kind of layer that will be like m-expressions.  It's still on paper, but it looks quite promising.
  2. New package system.  Also on paper (and if it works.  I'm pretty sure it'll work.  I'm just trying to build tension.)
  3. Language concepts that will use the m-expression layer.  Concepts?  Might be concept.  Singular.  It's been a while, I have to check.  Oh, I remember, there's at least two or three things.  There are plural concepts.
  4. Code and concepts I've dinked with over the years in Lisp:
    1. Charting package
    2. Poker game
    3. A different way to do polymorphic methods
    4. Accounting system...maybe.  Accounting is so very boring
    5. Tools for generating Java code
    6. Tools for generating Android Java code
    7. An editable operating system with simple apps and interfaces that's faster than fast, but maybe the editable part will be too confusing.  And the interface is too simple.  And the debugger needs to be normal-human-readable.  I'm not sure it's really workable, but it'd be fun to share and joke about, at the least.  I liked it when I had it running, but I never know if my bias as author affects my desire to believe things are as super-awesome as they seem and the math proves me a fool.
It seems the brain damage I contracted so very long ago gummed up the works with amnesia and aphasia-ed me up to the point I'd write things and then couldn't figure out how to get them out of my head and off my computer.  I can definitely correlate the head injuries to the abject poverty, so if any of this helps me find work?  Whoot!  That'd be a good day.

[Note to potential future investors and/or employers: the diet (Biblical section above) has made recovery from severe brain damage possible.  Leave an engineer alone for 20 years and they're going to figure some kind of problem out...eventually.]

Not sure how much of the list above is relevant anymore, but I think some of the concepts are still pretty slammin'.  But I'll share what I can and you can maybe tell me what you think as vociferously as you like.

My hope is that the editor and package system with m-expressions works as well as it seems it could.  I know I sound skeptical or even hesitant, but until things are done and coherent, it's easy to lay an egg.  Look at me, I'm hedging to software engineers.  You get it.  Marketing peeps are the dweebs that over-promise and demand miracles.  I've always felt that engineers just want things to work well with some modicum of efficiency and within a reasonably normal work-day.

My real hope is that something here gets me hired to slog lisp code, even if it's based on sales of a product I build.  That way I can build my super-OS on top of mobile devices and make those things fast and easy to use, so people put their devices down once in a while and look around a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment